Monday, December 29, 2014

Having a cup o' Joe.... with Joe!


The best part about living in College Point back in the day was the fact that at one time Joe and I lived just a few blocks from each other and we'd often meet up for breakfast. There's something really nice about that - and Joe, no matter where he lived, was always great at parlaying his interests in monster movie nostalgia into great communal gatherings of people with like interests! Whether it was at his home, showing movies on a giant inflatable screen - or welcoming curious onlookers into his barn-turned-museum, which he called the Haunted Barn - he was always doing something in remembrance and celebration of a very special place within our collective childhoods.



Today, Joe continues with that tradition, in part, with his "Monster Kids Club" breakfast meetings! He had one just this past weekend, and here he is... mmm, those waffles look good!!


Hope to meet up with you one day soon, Joe - I do miss you all!! Now if I can just figure out how to fit my life-size wolfman into my trunk...

1 comment:

  1. God, I wish I still lived near you...in fact I need to be in the city again. Those College Point days were really something!!!

    ReplyDelete